Common Salt water pool complaints include problems with pH-levels, low salt indicators, and inadequate chlorine. Basic salt water pool troubleshooting techniques include changing your maintenance schedule and checking your system.
• Cleaning the pool of dirt and debris can avoid many problems, including low chlorine production.
• Use a salt water pool test kit from a pool supply company to measure the salt in your pool. Add more water if the level is too high, or add salt if it is too low.
• The salt water pool test kit can be used to measure for adequate levels of chlorine and stabilizer.
• Check your control box and adjust settings to increase or decrease amounts of chemicals and salt released into the water.
• If the pH level in your salt cell is high, put it into an acid solution to remove scale. Check the manufacturer’s instructions first.